Thursday, November 8, 2012

thoughts on election

I will start this by saying that my political views are vastly more Republican than Democratic, so i personally wanted Romney to win. But, I will also say that even though i don't particularly agree with his views I think people should respect that Obama is still the president. Whether you agree with him or not, the fact is he is president and whining and complaining will not help anybody. I think both republicans and democrats need to start working together so that we can get this country back on the right track.

I also agree that this election ended up being more focused on social issues than economic ones. I feel that right now economics should be a more important focus than the social issues. Not to say that they arent important, because everyone has a right to what they feel and what they want to do. I just feel that in some instances people's priorities are not in order. I am also sure that there were plenty of people (on both sides) who had no real idea of what they were actually voting for and simply voted on ignorant reasons such as: race, religion, or simply political party without understanding the candidates views.

What thoughts do you have on this? How do you feel about the election? Do you think people voted based on the most important issues? and do you agree that people need to start looking past political parties and help each other?

1 comment:

  1. I can't speak for most people, but I will say this: this election, being based on more social issues, may be refreshing. For so long we've been so focused on economics that we've neglected other aspects of life. It's hard to even push topics or change when the focus is all on money and jobs. I am actually pleased that economics took the back burner in the debates.

    And I definitely agree that we need communication across the board. People are obsessed that we're *now* a country divided. With two parties, all we can have is division, I guess.

    And yes, respect him as president, despite your political leanings. He's ALL our representative, whether we like it or not.

    ReplyDelete